Junior National Colours (Amended SGM 08SEPT 07) #
Junior National Colours are awarded to a rider who represents Zimbabwe in accordance with the following:- (Amended SGM 08SEPT 07)
- Is a member of a club registered through the National BMX Association and with the Sports & Recreation Commission. The rider must be presently riding within or out of the country, as long as the rider has the express permission from the National BMX Association and the Sport and Recreation Commission. (Amended AGM 15/01/05)
- Must have obtained a Club Achievement Award prior to obtaining National Colours. (Incorporated AGM 15/01/05)
- Has participated in three (3) Zimbabwe National Championships within a five (5) year period and must have obtained 1st, 2nd, or 3rd If a child is unable to participate in one of the three nationals due to events beyond his control, i.e. severe illness, car accident etc. the committee must take into consideration the riders performance at the other two (2) Nationals, and if required, exceptions must be made towards competing the criteria. At National Championship level, the minimum age for recognition of colours will be six (6) years (the year the rider turns six (6) will be his first year for recognition). (Amended AGM 15/01/05). To have competed in the Interprovincial Series (started in 2012) in all legs and have come 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in the series (amended AGM 14/01/12).
- Must be selected by the National BMX Association Selectors and approved further by the National BMX Association Executive committee members. (Amended AGM 15/01/05)
- Shows good sportsmanship and is a good ambassador for the country.
National Colours #
National Colours are awarded to a rider who represents Zimbabwe in accordance with the following:
- Is a member of a club registered through the National BMX Association and with the Sports & Recreation Commission. The rider must be presently riding within the country or out of the country as long as the rider has the expressed permission from the National BMX Association of Zimbabwe.
- Must be over the age of eighteen (18) to receive National Colours.
- Has made three (3) representations at International Championships. At least one (1) of these representations have to have been made outside the borders of Zimbabwe. South Africa Inter-provincials will not be considered.
- Must be selected by the National BMX Association Executive Committee members.
- Shows good sportsmanship and is a good ambassador for the country. (Incorporated SGM 08SEPT 07).
Should the rider:-
- Be disciplined, i.e. banned from the sport, for any reason;
- Be diagnosed of drug abuse
He/she will not be legible for the award of colours and in the event of prior colours being awarded, they will be removed.
WORLDS TEAM SELECTION #
- Must have a valid Zimbabwe Passport if over the age of 18 years. (voted in at SGM Jan 2013)
- Registered member of a Zimbabwe Club (voted in at SGM Jan 2021)
- Holder of a CZ International License (voted in at SGM Jan 2021)
Must have taken part in the following events held by the National BMX Association of Zimbabwe.
- Zimbabwe Provincial Series
- Zimbabwe National Event
- Zimbabwe Africa Challenge
- Must have achieved 1st or 2nd placing in the above events.
- Must have attended at least 1 South African provincial series (and placed).
- Automatic selection if defending a world plate.
- Previous plate holders prior to the last world championships selected at the discretion of the selectors.
- Selection of top 2 riders per age group is based no matter what nationality the rider represents, i.e. if 2nd place rider riders for a foreign country, the 3rd place rider being a Zimbabwean passport holder does not automatically assume 2nd place for Zimbabwe selection.
- Girl riders will be selected on an individual basis due to competing with boys in the same age group.
- Foreign passport holders wishing to compete with the Zimbabwe / South Africa series will adhere to the Zimbabwe criteria and therefore will have their name forwarded to their respective federations on the basis of their national selection process, and may train with the Zimbabwe squad only if they are a previous world plate holder.
- Any rider unable to meet the criteria due to serious illness or injury will be assessed on application by the selectors as to the fitness and ability to compete prior to the World Championship.
- Riders that are seen to show potential but fail to meet the above Criteria will be chosen for a B team, this will be done on assessment. B team riders have the opportunity to progress to the select side.
- Any final decision of the board of selectors will not be open to debate. (voted in at SGM in Jan 2012)